[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • Walking Corpses : NATIONAL ISSUES
Board index PAKISTAN AND POLITICS NATIONAL ISSUES Walking Corpses

Walking Corpses

Issues relating to Pakistan's Internal Security and It's Foreign Polity.
Unread post Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:20 pm
Shimatoree Senior Moderator

I wrote that in 2014 and is very applicable today after the Bearded Chief Justice of the supreme court gave Nawaz Sharif a PASS.

"Let me relate to you something which is very REAL Most of the old people or people who get old and their hearing gets worse.....REJECT the choice of Hearing Aids. My own 92 year old mother is one of these people.

I have often wondered about this rather strange phenomenon........and I have concluded that these people simply do not wish to KNOW-( or Hear)- what is being said except on their own silly terms.

The idealistic desire for EDUCATION is very good but the reality is that due to massive BREEDING taking place amongst the MORONS of the country..the number of people that do not WANT education........has increased quite a bit.
If you breed thoroughbreds...you will get the thoroughbred.........but by breeding DONKEYS......you are not going to get a thoroughbred.

So, massive uncontrolled breeding inspired by and promoted by those that have strangulated the Muslims...well...thats is the reality of Pakistan today......like it or not....one has to face it....and THAT is the tragedy of Pakistan.

In 1972, a very thoughtful person had told me that Pakistan was headed for disaster due to population growth of the wrong KIND.....and that this was going to destroy the country ..and that there was no way to stop it as the MULLAH establishment was gung ho behind it....that was 40 years ago.
Today the problem is GARGANTUAN and every other problem is the direct consequence of that.

To think that Education will solve the problem is POLY ANNISH......it will not....and it has NOT

The TREATMENT of Surgery is a last resort in disease.
Every Physician prefers-( and every patient likes)- NOT to have a surgical operation if a medicine can help treat the problem.

In a patient shot through the heart with a LOW velocity bullet, still can be saved if surgery is done in the first two minutes.

The main point is to STOP the bleeding!.

Pakistan HAS BLED to death!...........It is not BLEEDING..........it has bled to death already.
The bacteria are NOW only busy in PUTREFYING the FLESH!

Who are the Bacteria? Well , my one favourite candidate for that is those corrupt and dishonest, rotten Mullah types typified by the likes of Diesel et Al.
They have had a very long start at this ....1400 years and now they have just about done their thing.

But if education was the aim ...strictly for a theoretical argument............then first you have to do something with the
BABY making MACHINES..........perhaps even declaring them Human Too! If you cannot do that, then you have no shot and might as well drop the ball and accept defeat.

Let us suppose you have gotten over that hurdle........then you but eliminate those that have caused and continue to cause the problem in the name of religion and stop them from doing what they are doing.

Now you have crossed two big hurdles...........well the problem is still there........how to re-educate and provide jobs for the masses.

And you have to do much more..the details of which you all know well.

But keep in mind the analogy of being shot in the heart or the great blood vessel and the factor of TIME!

How many times have you spent TIME in a graveyard?

Not much I bet.

That is strange .................since that is your future too.

If you have not...........then there is a substitute for you..........if you are a thinking type...then go to Pakistan.

You might suddenly feel like you are in sort of a graveyard...except you have WALKING CORPSES and TALKING CORPSES all around you........they are all dead in the MIND and there are " angels" of DEATH in control.

And you have PLANS to educate CORPSES ?

In the 50,000 years of human history THAT has not been possible....but you might be the first to do so. Good Luck

Oh! you say that is absurd............but I placed a qualification-( a La Emperor's new clothes)- that you have to be a THINKING type.

If you do not see..........then you do not think.............get IT. " end of quote

Unread post Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:01 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

One of your most acerbic, bitterest pieces coming back from the past to refresh our memories. I imagine much of what you say in it is factual: a tremenous birthrate, religious tyranny, all the wrong answers to our myriad problems, starting with education which apparently you find only a detail in the way the country should be run.

Well, if there is only the problem and no solutions is sight. we may as well shut up shop and run off to the west. But then when one sees the state of the stinking war-mad west, one wonders how they can be the part of any solution. They are only there to kill. maim and steal. Can't call that an appealing agenda myself.

Shim, seems to me there's no way our of this mess one calls the human condition for any of us. We'll carry on repeating all our past mistakes and then someday we'll all be blown sky high never to return again, the walking corpses turned into true corpses finally.

Unread post Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:43 pm
I had decided to be away from this spot and thus keep my peace, but your cynical and yet down to earth write has succeeded dragging me back to this close to death forum, only to enjoin and endorse your conclusions. Due to personal reasons I have been visiting Pakistan much frequently during the last few years and thus seen the picture closely. Personally, I perceived it differently and saw no dead people walking around as you do. I see people walking full of wild dreams, dying with ambitions and drained of all human dignity and self esteem. These Hell-bound people are Dumb & Deaf and insane and therefore unable to perceive that what is about to transpire. I have given up on these sleep walkers, as no human can bring sense back to them. The entire society consists of dishonest, disgusting and degraded people, where some have attained the highest possible positions. These unworthy individuals transcend every limit and thus will bring the disaster even more speedily than otherwise. Here, I don’t differentiate between the groups or institutions, they all are equally blind, deaf, dumb and incompetent, not to mention their absurdity and corrupted hearts. If I had the power I would abolish the entire judiciary and build something new from the scratch. This country will perish if justice is not upheld immediately. I believe the only way of saving his land is by giving justice, where hundreds of thousands or perhaps millions of unworthy heads are taken care of.

Unread post Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Res:

after seeing that you returned......it sort of Resurrected me. Like you in the last 5 years I have travelled to Pakistan at least 3 times a year for family reasons.

I shall write a more detailed reply as I have to work and it is early morning.

Heart felt gratitude to see your writing again and I do hope you stay even if most have left this place.

Unread post Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:41 pm
The news of Res sahib's return to the forum is truly terrific news. His brilliance, his honesty and clarity of his expression sow the seeds of hope in one who reads his contributions. I have always read him with rapt attention and respect; welcome back - your return has dragged me back into the folds of this forum.

Shim sahib's bitterly honest piece from 2014 is a stark reminder that not much has changed in Pakistan. Over the last couple of years I have tried to fight a growing sense of futility about a country we all care about. The nature and depth of the rot is such that not a slither of good wood remains. I often find myself bereft of ideas when I behold the putrid pool of corruption Pakistan had become.

I am unable to understand the minds and mindsets of my compatriots. Not much else can come our way in terms of signs, I guess Res is right, we have become deaf dumb and blind. As Shim sahib says, we cannot get a quality horse from a breed of donkeys.
@stingingnettle1
stingingnettle1@gmail.com

Unread post Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:37 am

Res:

thought it s a breath of fresh air with your re-entry here.........I must admit that what I have often been told that it is in times of utter degradation.....the thinking people are stimulated to Nth degree.
This is what I hope to be the case here.

My 2 cents worth today is another batch of GRIPES that I have.
Oh I do blame the usual culprits like the Zardaris and the Sharifs but they are mere VERMIN and one must not expect much from them anyway.

My Gripe is with the likes of Musharraf who HAD all the POWER within his own small hands- God Almighty did give him the opportunity........and as YET he FAILED. He failed as a leader but also in the desire to PERPETUATE his own power...he SOLD the future of the country to the Sharifs and the Bhutto-Zardaris.

My second GRIPE is with the Military and the JUDICIARY leaders. They passed the BUCK when it was in their hands to deliver.
To quote Napoleon.........it is always the MAN that matters and -(little)- men do not matter" end of quote.

Have we no REAL MEN left ?

I guess the answer has to be NO.

It is minus 39 degrees F where I live and that by itself does not stimulate the mind very much. However, the cold does force you to see what CAN be done. Pakistan is like the ROCK of Sisyphus rolling down the hill.......with one difference......there is NO ONE to push it back.
Sisyphus was a king punished for his self-aggrandizing craftiness and deceitfulness.........now we have a FAT Sisyphus...........but there is no one to punish him.

Are we condemned to continue in this absurd quest towards progress and improvement in our motherland ?
Perhaps that is so.

Unread post Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:04 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Great Shim, you did it! Your unremitting pessimism about Pakistan finally dragged even Resurrected out of his retirement to add his own cold voice of reason to your own merciless summing up of the situation: i.e. no hope anywhere is sight. And Resurrected acted as a magnet to draw in Stingingnettle at long last. Well, for all these small miracles, many, many thanks. Unlike yourselves, I'm not quite a trained pessimist. Neither am I an optimist. I take each day as it comes and try and extract the most meaningful message it might contain in my eyes.

The world is a vast topi drama my friends. Pak is mad, no doubt about it. What's new is the West has gone mad as well. Shan't elaborate on this concept, it must be evident to all of you without my help. The most pressing issue still to be resolved remains WWIII. Will we avoid it or will we provoke it? If the latter, then today's walking corpses will all be dead ones and not a soul in sight remaining to bury any of them.

Unread post Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:31 pm
Friends,
Let me confess that I never could imagine that my exit or re-entry mattered for anyone on this site, I feel esteemed. Thanks for your care!
Shim,
Thanks for your valuable thoughts, I am fan of your honesty and direct from heart messages. I wish there were many more like you among us. You are blessed with insight and lucidity but unfortunately you live in dark times, where no one appreciates or remembers the words of others. Most of the human race is ignorant with a short memory and most of all so much self-absorbed that it has gone blind to everything else around. We all chase shadows and illusions in the midst of prevalent glamorous environments. Now you will understand why you need to remind again and again about your arguments you presented long ago. It should have come from others.
You see, I left this forum for reasons and there is hardly any change in it. Indeed you are doing a brave work at this lonely place. I promise not to abandon you but stay around to participate, encourage and give my unconditional support. At the moment it feels a futile activity to fight against the greatest evil of our times, as the ones one fights for remain unconscious of their plight, but we live in dynamic world where changes occur all the time, so let’s be positive. I promise to return with more fervor the moment I feel a bit motivated. In the meanwhile keep fighting the demons, you are a born warrior.
SN,
Thanks for your kind words. I have known Shim from PK politics times and we two immediately found liking for each-other at that forum, but you were a pleasant surprise for me, when I came here. Your pen is sharp; your intellect is even sharper and the combination along with your sincere and humble approach makes you a great asset over here. I’m humbled to learn that you like my writes and that my few words helped you return to this site. You should know that your writings and thoughts are well composed and leave no one untouched. Keep enriching and bringing optimism to distressed minds and hearts that read your inspirational articles. As I promised to Shim, I’ll be around to read, participate and cheer whenever there is a need and occasion.

Unread post Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:48 pm

Long time back.....WHEN this Blog was being created....I had questioned the title and the DETAILED format that we see in front of our faces.

I had suggested a simple..one format blog where we would attack our DEMONS head on .My reason was that in all honesty...CATEGORIZATION is the latest Technique to cater to Medicore minds.

After the return of Resurrected and StingI feel even more strongly for a format like that.

I am from a TECH stand point...a Neanderthal and thus am unable to offer Technical help but I am sure you guys can figure something out...where we may Re-create an active format which has it BUILT IN to be the place where ideas can flourish and be discussed at length.

Is that possible........well let us make it possible.

Unread post Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:39 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Dear Shim, you made the winds of the past rush through our minds again as you lamented the past decisions taken about our blog. I wish I could be of help, but, alas, I am totally computer-illiterate. So unless some good soul could step in and give us the boost we require, we'll just have to put up with what we have at the moment. Still, let's not give up hope. Miracles do occur ocasionally. Perhaps one such will grace us in 2017 and we'll be able to carry on head held high. Thanks for all your support in this dying year of 2016. We're not giving up, Shim, never, however many the setbacks we may encounter.

Unread post Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:01 pm
Shim,

Without even knowing about your ideas I suggested almost the same when I came here but was met with complete silence, instead came forth the new look. I believe this forum still has the potential to go through any kind of transformation due to its present limitations but it still requires the willingness of the owner of this blog. I really don’t know who owns it except the truth that it is on auto-pilot. Sometimes I wonder what will happen if you wake up one morning only to discover that the blog is gone, as it has done a few times earlier. Is semirza sahib still the in charge and does he has any contact with someone? What is the future of this blog if Mirza sahib decides to abandon this almost dead site? Are you guys ready for this eventuality? If you want we can discuss the matter a little further and preferably not in open discussions. We may use the messaging possibility to consider the various options.

Unread post Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:57 am
Musician Most Senior Member

Unread post Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:17 pm

I feel like watching Lazarus- the guy who came back from the DEAD. I am not only thrilled but HOPE has even been...RE-Kindled.......again.

Is it going to be smashed into the ground to SMITHEREENS once more . I certainly do not that happens again. We need to use all our energy and efforts to keep this GOING....if for nothing else than psychotherapy and emotional support of one another in such DIRE times.

I will quit my current job on December 31st and plan to go back to the land of Walking Dead-( Pakistan)- and try to help with whatever intellectual and spiritual capital I still have left in me.

SE Mirza should get in touch with me as soon as possible to get things going on this Blog.

Unread post Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Resurrected:

if you are around get in touch with me- Please !

Unread post Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:31 am

Hi

I am around and SEMirza has been wanting to contact you. Has he?

Unread post Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:50 am

Musician

NO. ............SEM has not contacted me. Mirza Ghalib told me about the fact that the website was operational again and YOU were the source he quoted. It is excellent that you have done this or had it done .

I think this place has to be changed totally. My son is a software programmer and today I discussed the matter with him and 2 other people who are in the web design field. I can get things done BUT I am not in favor of thing as they are and as they have been. More than one person has to have the reins of control and we simply cannot have it as a place to make us feel better. I have always felt that this place is an IDEAS place for discussion but also for stimulating the people who happen to come here..sort of a resource.

How do e get this done ? that is the question. Let me hear from you.

Unread post Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:49 am
semirza User avatar

Salam wa Elaikum to All
Shimatoree Sahab, Mirza Ghalib, Musician Bhai, Stingingnettle, Scandinavian, Resurrected and to all other brothers.

Its been a long long time. I have recovered a lot but still unable to walk without support or on my own. I tire out very easily. AlHamdolillah rest all is fine and I am sure improving but slowly.

Shimatoree Sahab
I have emailed to you already. As you have asked if data from this site could be recovered I was in touch with our hosting company 'The Blue Host' . There was a small amount due plus I had to repurchase the blog name again because the site and the name had been idle for so long. All is done now and the site is on but cannot be accessed directly.

However I had been informed by our host there was a sort of plug-in that was bother some plus some clutter had gathered in time. They were unable to assist me any further; I believe I do need help from a web developer to bring it back in full form.

I had been in touch with Mr. Musician lately. He called me and we had a chat about this site and the problems I had been through. I have not yet informed Mirza Saheb or written to him. I will email him for sure informing him.

This blog needs a complete face-lift. All what is not required should be removed making the site user friendly and appealingly pleasant to visitors. This can only done by a professional.

Shimatoree Sahab, I agree to what you say. Please feel free to do as you please.

Unread post Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:47 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

So the miracle did take place! SEM still lives. The Pak Politics is back. And now we're struggling to get it to get it to walk, skip, jump and run again. Divine intervention, I call it. And an adventure the like of which I've rarely seen. Let's hope we don't lose the blog again.

Each of us has his or her reason for being here. Mine, stated plainly, is to contritbute the little I can to the resurrection of Pakistan. The time has come finally to set pessimism aside and help to usher in Imran Khan's beloved Naya Pakistan.

And let me add: Musician, you are simply great. Your perseverance stunned me to start with. And now it has been fully vindicated. Eternal gratitude.

Unread post Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Next

Return to NATIONAL ISSUES