[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • Sher-o-Naghma : MUSIC - Page 2
Board index MUSIC Sher-o-Naghma

Sher-o-Naghma

A forum for music lovers
Unread post Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:24 am
Musician Most Senior Member

Mirza Jee

Politics is illogical and thus I avoid. Music is not. It does not argue back when you either like or not like a rendering.

I post something for you here which is soft and meaningful and whilst I was listening , I realised that
the first couplet almost describes Pakistan's state of affairs. Says it all does it not.

Unread post Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:02 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Superb, Musician, the soulful voices of Jagjit Singh and wife. You're right, it did fit in with our sense of what's been happening to our home country. But not for very much longer if we've read the signs aright. More later.

Unread post Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:13 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Unread post Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:10 pm

Mirza Jee

An Eid Gift for you

Unread post Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:24 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Unread post Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:37 pm

Unread post Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:03 am

For Mirza Jee.......Your favourite??

Unread post Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:57 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Indeed, indeed, Musician, your memory is impecable. As is your timing. True to tradition, Imam Hussein's chelum past, you return to your beloved music. Most grateful I am. Shall write more later in the day when I've had time to savour and digest the music. Many, many thanks.

Unread post Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:03 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Both pieces you posted were superb, Musician. Can't thank you enough for them. BTW who was the male singer on the Lata video. Have never heard him before, seems to me.

Well whatever, hope you'll carry on posting some of the treasures you still have hidden up your sleeve.

Unread post Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:40 pm

And Mirza Jee

Here is one of those silly old but classical song

Unread post Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:49 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

This was perfect, you can't imagine Musician. I'd just been listening to a UN speech by Castro and another by Che Guevara and was in tears.And then I came across your posting. Beautiful song, incredibly funny setting. Perfect for a grieving heart. Thar came to mind. Perhaps they could try singing it as well and entice the storm clouds to their part of the world.

Ah Musician, life has never been a simple exercise in breathing has it? Our incredible greed has messed up the world. If God wills it, we'll survive. Let's see. And meanwhile, I'm going back to draw courage from Lapake Jhapak once again. Many thanks, Friend.

Unread post Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:13 am

Mirza Jee

Forgot to answer your question.. The male singer was none the other but Munnaday and so was singing Lapak Jhapak but a very young Munnaday.

Tharr does not need Munnaday, Mirza Jee. It needs human intervention. If we can produce Metro Bus, Orange and other colour trains, surely we can have some irrigation projects. Once upon a time Governments of different colours used to do such things. People seem to have lost their sensitivities. They appear not to feel the pain of others.

Unlike you, I take refuge in Music and Poetry Even Music and Poetry are suffering these days. No poets like Faiz, Faraz and Kaifi Azmi and No Music Directors and singers like Naushad, Madan Mohan, C Ramchandra. Jagjeet, Rafi and Mehdi Hassan.

For me, a good combination of poetry and music always made me cry and I felt the pain and sadness in the lyrics. Take this one for instance from Kaifi Azami.Madan Mohan and Lata Just listen to the very first couplet. Oceans of feelings and sadness

Unread post Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:08 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Musician Dear, Thank you for answering my question. A fine singer he was, Munnaday. I'll not forget his rendering of Lapak Jhapak in a hurry.

Sorry about Tharr. It was said half jokingly. But only half jokingly. To expect anything sensible from the Sind Govt is to be eternally disappointed. We have such a fine system in place that politicians only need to prove their worth as crooks.not as administrators. So if money is your only objective, of course you'll be indifferent to the pain of others.

You made an excellent point about the lack of great poets and singers in our present times. Great talent derives from harsh pain. Either our present epoch is still better than in the past or else our pain threshold has gone up and we can handle suffering better, hence the absence of real greatness in our poets and singers.

You're right about the first couplet: Aaj socha to aanson bhar aaye/Mudaete ho gayi muskuraen. It went straight to the heart.

Long may the musical, the poetic continue to be your refuge. Musician.

Unread post Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:38 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

[newtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tYa-0NG3oo[/newtube]

So you've left us Junaid! You were in a bit of a hurry apparently. But now to worry, we'll be joining you soon ourselves. Until then, may you and your companions rest in peace in God's embrace.

Unread post Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:55 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jX_LPEU3Co

For Musician, Shim and all our friends wherever they may be. An aging master brings Faraz to life.

Unread post Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Unread post Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:34 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

So far I thought Pakistanis made good friends and when they opened their mouths to sing, they were sccompanied by angels. Now I'm convinced we have yet another purpose in life: to change the world into a place of justice and peace. God be with us all.

Unread post Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:42 pm

[newtube][/newtube]

Unread post Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:36 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Unread post Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:32 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Did you delete this song, Musician? I've brought it back.

Previous

Return to MUSIC