Board index SOCIAL ISSUES Does "Online" Discussion Help?

Does "Online" Discussion Help?

Social and Cultural issues

Forum rules

Kindly respect fellow bloggers and treat them as you would yourself like to be treated. We intend to maintain a friendly environment and keep it that way.
Avoid posting messages that flame, threaten, harass or insult others.
We also reserve the right to remove offensive posts.
Abusive behavior will not be tolerated and for this your account may be suspended.

admin
Unread post Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:59 pm
Lately I have been feeling that no matter how much I argue,how hard I convince people they would not bother.
Specially the discussions on the INTERNET have been totally pointless(I do not mean this forum as here we almost share the same ideology). Which made me decide not to be a part of it anymore.
I'm highly convinced that most of the Paksitani based INTERNET forums are full with slackers,who during their office timings come on these forums spit out their filth and then return home in "tranquility" at the end of the day.
I don't see any way to fight this.For them this is just a game,but for those who really mean what they say ,its a pit-hole.
Is there any point in arguing them?
Be Light for Others
&
They will be light for you,maybe sometime.

Abdul Rafay

Unread post Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:40 pm
In my 2 years experience of interacting on different forums, I feel we are too opinionated and we don’t like to reconsider our opinions whether it is about politics, religion, social Issues or anything for that matter.

Our bias for a person, party, school of thought just blinds us, it’s like we come to discussion with doors to brain completely shut and just seeing and listening and filtering out anything that does not match our opinion, we just come to force our opinions on others and not to listen or learn.

We have been infected with this virus to an extent that even in cases where hardcore facts and statistics are presented painting a picture that doesn’t match what we have created in our minds, we just shut it out

Even after realising this and assessing and reassessing my opinions very often I find myself unconsciously doing the same at times – shutting out what I don’t want to believe

Return to SOCIAL ISSUES