[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • Ghazal : MUSIC - Page 4
Board index MUSIC Ghazal

Ghazal

A forum for music lovers
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji’un
انا لله وانا اليه راجعون

Well, he's gone now, our our Mehdi Hassan. Our heart is broken.

His First Ghazal

Unread post Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:32 pm
Shimatoree Senior Moderator

Mehdi Hassan died today.

I am not saddened by his passing away because he escaped from the imprisonment in his sick, damaged old body of his. Plus we must keep in mind that each and everyone on this earth will die as did Mehdi Hassan.

Mehdi Hassan lived a full life and we were fortunate enough to benefit from this " Haley's COMET" came when we were on this earth.
I am proud to have had the opportunity to listen to his heavenly voice and his interpretations of the timeless music of the Indian sub-continent.

So let us appreciate Mehdi Hassan and remember him and save a place in our heart and our souls for as long as we live.

Unread post Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:48 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Shimatoree, you wrote very movingly about Mehdi Hassan and you're quite right to point out that death came as a release for the great singer, Nonetheless, our sadness is there and nothing to be done about it for the moment.

Unread post Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:44 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Splendid ghazal, Shim. And a new one for me. Only confirms my feeling Jigar Moradabadi was an incomparable lyricist.

Unread post Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:52 am

Unread post Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:37 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

I really don't know how you do it, shim, but your really have a talent for offering us the most unbeatable ghazals. And now this one, by my favourite singer who, if I'm not mistaken, appears for the first time on this blog. Great indeed is my gratitude. And I, the ignorant, remember Parveen Shakir, too, the Civil Servant poetess with the broken heart.

Unread post Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:33 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Shim, today I went and posted this video as directed (along with your most recent comment on IK). Don't know how it will work out since it's the first time I'm trying out a video on them. Actually when I first saw your message here, I thought it was some manifestation of your own special sense of humour. Only today did it occur to me that you meant it seriously. More when I know more since it is a moderated forum on the other side and no one is in any special hurry to get the job done.

Unread post Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:50 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

For Shimatoree

And for Dildar, naturally, if he listen to music at all. And I don't forget Ajhons either who also knows the language.

Unread post Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:52 pm

Mg

a partly cloudy afternoon......lots of physical hard work in the yard.......a cup of tea in the afternoon.......an a short nap in the couch
..........and then this post of your's

I have often wondered as to what the Earth thinks of the oil drillers who find the black gold within it's heart........
this post of yours did that sort of thing to me............Takar has a great voice.........and of course Ghani Baba is SUBLIME in his thoughts.
Once upon a time," long ago and far away" on a cold cloudy over cast November late afternoon in 1986
I had the great fortune to be at his house-( Ghani Baba's )- and was able to " GRAB " an image of Ghani Baba.....-( took a photograph)-..
.........an image that everyone wanted but I only gave to the Ghani Museum in his village.

That one cherished moment came that day ( for me ) from where I do not know but I am glad it came.
In same manner your post came............and it brightened my life today...........beyond measure.

I am quite sure Dildar would agree that Ghani Baba was, is and will be the immortal asset of the Pushtoons.

Unread post Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:08 am

Mg

I am sorry but I failed to place a musical post.......so I found something different and here it is...... it is very expressive and by a great Afghan singer Nashenas who sings in Farsi and Pushto but he is magnificent here in Urdu......and his choice of the ghazal is .well I have no words. This was recited at a private gathering.
his use of his voice as a musical instrument can only be described as superb.
And one more thing....your question as to how I find these...............no my friend I do not find them..........they find me1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcTH5fk3 ... re=related

Unread post Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:13 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Dear Shim, You had me absolutely floored there. Naushenas and then the ghazal he sings! It's one my Mum, who had a beautiful voice, used to sing to us kids. I doubt she knew the Naushenas version, seems it's about 20 years old, but whoever the original was by, he sings it like master of music he was. Also, having seen you in action for quite sometime now, I wholly give credence to your claim the songs seek you out and not the other way round

Unread post Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:29 pm
semirza User avatar

Hazaroun Khawhishain meri!!!..... I listen to this masterpiece to calm my nerves. Its so soothing...............

Unread post Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:36 pm
semirza User avatar

Unread post Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:26 am
SaleemRaza Most Senior Member

Attaullah - Wa Jo Pyar کیتو ای رول ڈتتو
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucmvcDeA ... ata_player

Unread post Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:38 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Thank you all, Shim, SEM and SaleemRaza, for the beautiful ghazal offerings, some known to us already, others such as Ab ke saal poonam mein a veritable voyage of discovery. I offer you in return something which may not be to the taste of everyone, but means a great deal to me personally.

PreviousNext

Return to MUSIC