Board index Pak Vision The signs in the Heavens! 39

The signs in the Heavens! 39

Pak Vision is a platform where all are welcome sharing their version of dreams about Pakistan and it's future.
Unread post Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:36 am
He didn’t agree that all such claims were due to ill-will or evil tendencies as he sincerely believed that many of these candidates of prophethood were driven by narcissism but also people with twisted fantasy. Then there were deluded ones or even sufferers of diseased minds, who did believe in the actual assertions made by them. Either they were tricked into believing that they were divine messengers or were simply lunatics. He confessed that he wasn’t an expert to tell which of the claimants functioned under the demonic influences and which were tricked by the divine.
“So you think that the divine also mislead?” I felt anger.
“Haven’t you read the holy book, where it’s clearly warned that God shows the right path to whomever he pleases to and leads astray to whomever he wills to?” he said smilingly.
“What could have God profited by misguiding someone?”
“I’m not God, so I wouldn’t be able to give you the right answer but there could be many reasons. It could be to ridicule the person in question; it could be to show his displeasure for the individual involved. But it could be equally to keep the expectation alive among the believers. It could be a test for people’s judgments and faith,” he had a lot of possible reasons for such scenario. According to him for centuries the Muslims had been spared the people who caused schism and dissonance among the believers. But in nineteenth century there appeared few individuals that shook Islam. First the appearance of Bab ullah in Iran, which was followed by Baha’ullah, who proclaimed to be the personification of the one all religions had been waiting for. The second occurrence took place in British India, where Ghulam Ahmed Qadian came up with some bizarre claims. He was the first Muslim, who stated that he was Mehdi, Marry and Jesus, all in one. Many Muslims blamed the British for encouraging this miscreant but perhaps that had more to do with the natural suspicion against the colonial masters than to do with the truth. Perhaps the man was inspired by the spread of Baha’ism and thus sought some personal glorification. Despite so many of the prophecies of Ghulam Ahmed never came true, he was able to attract quite many adherents. Many saw him as Jesus, some believed him to be Mehdi and yet the Lahorite group pronounced him to be a reformer, (a Mujadid).
“There are millions of Ahmadis’ in the world today, so what could be the purpose of such fallout of Islam?” I wanted to understand.
According to him even though Mirza was a confused man, he had been able to attract the people with spiritual yearnings, who not only became inspired by the belief of following Mehdi and Jesus but also believed to have found the salvation. This conviction gave these people new fervor and turned them closer to the deity than the mainstream believers that saw no reason to press ahead more earnestly.
“What could be the use, if they were misled?”
“It’s never easy to understand the divine purpose and plan. Who knows what these strayed sheep would be accomplishing in days to come. Seeing the mistakes of their forefathers they may repent and come back to the true fold of their religion. Believe me if it takes place they would prove more learned and valuable than the mainstream believers,” he said and looked deep into my eyes to see the reaction.
“Why they should be better than the others?” I protested.
“Once bitten twice shy,” he said calmly and went on. “These people are more inclined to their belief than most of us, who have forgotten the true adherence to the faith.” He believed that most of the Muslims did practice the rituals but those were empty, they did pray but most of the time it was a habitual act, a lip service and thus the light of faith (Iman) was in best cases only some flickering spark. He thought that the time Ahmadis were to return into Islam’s fold once again, they were to be more exemplary Muslims than the rest, what he based his such notions upon, he never explained and I was determined not to take his words on their face value.
“What if they don’t come back? What if they went astray for good?”
“The probability is little, as they would see with their own eyes that Jesus and Mehdi couldn’t return if they had already been here in shape of Ghulam Ahmad. Witnessing the truth won’t leave any doubts in them but to embrace it. Of course some would reject the truth and wouldn’t return but then these would be the losers and we shouldn’t be concerned for such.”
“You mean these people will realize that the man was an imposter!”
“No, I never said that, as you may know an imposter is someone deliberately lying, but you have to find a better term for the one who believes that falsehood is the only truth.” He went on and concluded that as long as there were religions around we could expect people to come with the claims of all kind in the name of the deity. According to him all faiths awaited some special one to come with the salvation. Hindus awaited the last avatar of Vishnu, the Kalki lord, while the Buddhists looked for Lord Maitrya. The Shia believed that their lost Imam will return one day, while the rest of the Muslims awaited Mehdi. Could that be possible that they all were waiting for the one and the same personality? If not the world was to swarm of all these holy men at some future date. As long as the advent/advents didn’t take place there were to be claims of being Mehdi, Jesus or Messiah.

Return to Pak Vision