Board index Pak Vision The signs in the Heavens! 35

The signs in the Heavens! 35

Pak Vision is a platform where all are welcome sharing their version of dreams about Pakistan and it's future.
Unread post Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 pm
“They feel miserable to live in some strange atmosphere and refuse to come and live where they can feel at home, what a situation!” I tried to make fun but he looked serious and didn’t seem to have liked it.
“It’s nothing to make fun about; we’re talking some serious stuff here. You may find it comic but it’s heartbreaking situation for them, requiring our understanding and empathy.”
“Come on not all feel miserable in Europe, I know quite a few that even love to be there. I know even those that are ready to pay heavy amounts to get there.” I was defiant.
“You are absolutely right; there is a big difference between individuals. For some the life over there is heavenly, where they can do whatever they please to, drink, dance, gamble and all the rest. But then there are those that want to remain close to their traditions and religious values. It’s these people I’m talking about, who want to safeguard their lives from the influences of the societies they live at.” He could see that I had remained untouched. So he shifted the emphasis and asked.
“What do you think will happen, if the clash of religions becomes a reality?”
“It wouldn’t touch these Muslims, why it should?” I told him.
“Oh, really, what makes you so sure? Do you believe that those with a more liberal approach would be treated differently?” he was sarcastic. I told him that the Europeans were not going to be hostile to these Muslims, simply because they needed them for economic reasons, he laughed.
“Don’t you realize that it would be bad economic conditions that would force the Europeans out of their balances? They would behave like brutes; they so long have believed to have overcome.”
The mystery man was convinced that the Europeans were not as advanced as they had propagated since Second World War. That what Germans could do to the Jews could be repeated by other nations of that continent. Germans weren’t some monsters and the rest of the Europe weren’t any angels either. According to him the Muslims of Europe could be the new Jews with one little difference.
“And what’s that?” I asked.
“That we aren’t Jews; we will bite before going down.”
For a brief moment I became horrified by such prospective but rejected such possibility as impossibility. The Muslim populations of Europe were well integrated in those societies they lived and knew their rights and besides such things were out of question in any lawful and democratic society. I was sure either he was exaggerating or wanted to scare me by mentioning such a possibility. Half of London was inhabited by my kin and even though we had no contact with each other, I wished them all well. Even though I stubbornly rejected such possibility, deep down I knew that such situation could arise by those who sought discord. He was right about reminding that the persecution of Jews during the Second World War were indiscriminatingly, where no distinction was ever made between the practicing and non-practicing Jews. Death and destruction was the lot of all bearing the ethnicity and special names. I remembered having read about Xenophobia of Russian Republic, where even authorities closed their eyes against the gangs that killed the innocent immigrants. I also remembered the fate of my countrymen being attacked and killed in Greece for no other crime than to be in that country and working hard for their living. I knew that Islamophobia was on the rise all over the world and especially in Europe after the ninth eleven and wasn’t going to disappear any sooner. It was not till now that I had understood the true prospective of any real confrontation taking place between the two major religions of the world. There was already much tension between the two and great efforts were being made by certain quarters to inflame the hatred instead of abridging the gaps.
“Do you see Europe getting infested by religious confrontations soon?”
“I don’t know about the precise moment but it looks like to be imminent, we stand near the brink.”
“Could there be anything that could prevent it?” I asked.
“Of course it’s in the hands of the nations but seeing economic uncertainty plaguing the world and shallow leaders of the Europe, it looks inevitable” he said without showing any concern.

Return to Pak Vision