[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • I am looking for an Honest man-( woman) : PAKISTAN AND POLITICS
Board index PAKISTAN AND POLITICS I am looking for an Honest man-( woman)

I am looking for an Honest man-( woman)

Intellectual discourse to achieve a deeper understanding and a broader perspective of the political events affecting us.

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

You and I both and. along with us, millions in this country. Like Diogenes before us, we are all engaged in the same quest: We're looking for an honest man, an honest woman and find no trace of him or her anywhere we go. Corruption is a way of life, a habit, nay, an addiction with our people of Pakistan. That Asma Shirazi can use such lame arguments to explain away her free Hajj pilgrimage, that Chaudery Nisar can give such idiotic answers to the questions persistently asked by Kashif Abbasi about the Sharif father and son acquisition of immense real estate in Britain and finally Dr Qadri's ringing condemnation of Nawaz Sharif's kleptocratic practices are all to the good. But will not lessen the force of the wind of corruption blowing through this country. For one thing, the accusers are also part of the corrupt scheme of things, i.e. Asma's case is clear, Kashif's wife and her links to Malik Riaz, Dr Qadri and the dark sources of his own fortune and his present, puzzling return to Pakistan. Dr Qadri himself is not the person he appears to be. Is he a west agent, a Zardari collaborator, an army secret weapon or all three, who can tell as things stand? What he is definitely not is a man of integrity.

So if Diogenes were still around, his lantern lit, his piercing eyes constantly engaged in the search, I'd have taken him by the hand - if such a familiarity were allowed - and led him straight into Imran Khan's presence. There he might have finally lowered his lantern, heaved a sigh of relief and proclaimed: What I could never find in Athens in my time, I see with my own eyes now in 21st century Pakistan.

Mirza Saheb

One or two people here end their message by saying I am also a Hazara. What is the meaning of this? Can you elaborate?

semirza User avatar

First of all a very warm welcome on board thepakpolitics. Yes you are right. They do have Hazara roots.

Return to PAKISTAN AND POLITICS