[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • In the name of God! : FAITH & RELIGION
Board index MISC TOPICS FAITH & RELIGION In the name of God!

In the name of God!

Discuss with an aim to seek knowledge and awareness of Faiths and Religions.
Unread post Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:56 pm
Pakistan was created in the name of religion, a homeland for Muslims of India, who needed a separate land, where they could live in accordance with their own faith. They wanted a country, where they could not be subjucated by the overwhelming majority of Hindus. Millions of Indian Muslims migrated to Pakistan in seeking a dream, while millions of Hindus and Sikhs felt forced to leave Pakistan to live in secular India, where they felt safety and security.
Once Pakistan became a reality, we should have sit down and seen to it that the remaining minorities felt at ease. There is no doubt that despite their different faiths they were sons and daughters of the soil. We should have protected all their rights and given them equality and provided them the security. But unfortunately we simply forgot the fact that all Pakistanis regardless of their color, race or creed were the integral part of state of Pakistan. Our constitution does provide these minorities with equal rights and yet these citizens of our country are never treated that way. We all remain sadly aware that the majority cares less of problems of these people, who desperately try to keep their identities.
Islam is without any doubt a tolerant religion and therefore doesn’t allow discriminations and yet we Muslims are all devoid of understanding for deviating doctrines. We stubbornly cling to our prejudice and intolerance towards others, a truth which is reminded to us every now and then, when members of minorities are persicuted in the name of blasphemy laws and by powerful people around, who do it for some despicable purposes of theirs.

We should demand from all people that they respect the faiths of others and must punish those who violate these basics but should remain extra careful and vigilants when the members of other faiths are accused of such crimes. No discriminating laws should be made or implimented as we all regardless of our color, race or creed, remain the citizens of Pakistan, who should be treated equally. By ignoring that principle, we deny the basic human rights, defy the commandments of Almighty and the very elementary rules of Islam.
God is merciful and we should walk the path of earthly tenure rememering that.
Let there be no injustice, in the name of God!

Unread post Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:37 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Injustice in the name of God is indeed one of the worst things we human beings can manage to do. But then the very concept of God has become all things to all men and also, more often than not, a pretext for warmongering down the ages to add to the pains of suffering humanity.

Which lines now bring me to what I mainly wish to address among the points you've made above, i.e. Pakistan's notorious Blasphemy Law. The last few days have brought this matter to the attention of the nation once again in the context of a newly returned person, namely Dr Tahir ul Qadri. He it was who fashioned the said law and forced it down our throats, to the greater agony of our minority groups or even to Muslims themselves such as Salman Taseer as you no doubt will not fail to remember. Later, when he elected to settle down abroad, Dr Quadri lied about that law as existing videos, now widely shown, have proved to us over and over again. And now this is the man who has suddenly surged up in front of us as the saviour of our country! Make of it what you will.

And yes, Res, God is merciful, but we His creatures, with a few exceptions, tend to be the exact opposite. Time for us to wake up and mend our ways. And this Quaid-e-Azam Day is an excellent starting point for us all to strive for humility and righteousness rather than carrying on down the path of self-aggrandisement and arrogance.

Unread post Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:44 pm
How very true my learned friend! You are indded blessed with lucidity and insight.
I am sadly aware of the truth regarding misuse of religions through out the human history but that doen’t stop me from dreaming that one day finally we will be able to raise ourselves to higher levels and stop preaching hate and seperation. I see these unhealthy trends in all religions and dread the day when the warmongers are to succeed in bringing the world to disaster. Personally I don’t see any reason for hating the adherents of other faiths, as they all belong to the same God as I do. How you choose to pray and serve the creator, shouldn’t be a problem for me as long as you don’t try to interfere in my faith and belief.

I am perfectly aware that we aren’t treating our minorities in right manner but I am also conscious that majority of this country suffers at the hands of vile and cruel few. I am all for my fellow citizens and wish them to be equal in all respects, the law and constitution shouldn’t be discriminating. Rather they should be positively discriminated, so that they get opportunities in proportion to their share of population.

When it comes to the person you mentioned, I hundred percent agree. He is unreliable, untrustworthy and false uto his bones. He repulses me as I see nothing holy in this man but blind ambitions for the material and power. He is without any doubt a sellable commodity and I don’t lay any importance to his entry in to political arena. All with eyes can see how an unimportant person like Qadri succeed attracting huge crowds, we only have to guess who stands behind. The role maedia played just confirms my suspicions that even our so called independent media is just a myth. But we must remain hopeful and strive for positive changes, if we are to see the day of our dreams or not, is certainly not in our individual hands.
And yet I stand in anticipation!

Return to FAITH & RELIGION