[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • Tale of Despereaux : MISC TOPICS
Board index MISC TOPICS Tale of Despereaux

Tale of Despereaux

Random Topics
Unread post Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:49 pm
LifeH2O User avatar
Most Senior Member

Greed, the root of all curse, root of all evil.

Unread post Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:48 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Thanks, Life. Am a bit pressed for time at the moment, but I shall most definitely watch this and give you my views soon.

Unread post Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:22 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Well, Life, at least I've made a start on this and well rewarded for my pains I was. What undid me was the buffering which just went on and on and wouldn't stop. And also the further infomation that the the full movie could only be watched for ten minutes a day, whatever that might mean.

But from the little I managed to pick up, our unlikely hero with the great name of Despereaux Tilling, the little mouse with the big ears unable either to cower or to scurry, is an admirable character whom many of us would do well to emulate. Overcoming fear is a very difficult task. To be born naturally fearless is a lordly gift indeed. And then I specially liked his introduction to the library by his brother where, contrary to instructions, he promptly understood that books were meant to be read, not mutilated through gnawing at them. I can well understand why you felt drawn to Despereau, Life. Feel the same way myself now that I've made his acquaintance.

Unread post Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:53 am
LifeH2O User avatar
Most Senior Member

I recently watched this movie. I wanted to share the pieces I liked most. Unfortunately the links I found have their own issues. I was inspired by how every other mouse was trying to teach him how to be afraid. They all have found peace of their life in fear. While only he was able to see what lies beyond. I was just relating it with our lives that how we are living in fear, how we are repeatedly trained to get scared our life. And how our 'gentleman' want us get out of it and kill those big cats.
Greed, the root of all curse, root of all evil.

Return to MISC TOPICS