[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • Writers needed to counter yellow journalism : EXCLUSIVE - PTI
Board index EXCLUSIVE - PTI Writers needed to counter yellow journalism

Writers needed to counter yellow journalism

This forum is dedicated to Imran Khan acknowledging his efforts to lead us Pakistanis along with the help and grace of Allah the Al Mighty, win against an evil coalition of political witches by helping us get rid of them...A'amen!
Scandinavian User avatar
Senior Moderator

As you know a major part of the media has acted as true representatives of a media Mafia. They only give space to PTI to gain a better price for their "product" which is "rent a column" and/or "rent a columnist". To counter this menace we must act together and write articles and rebuttals to different media entities, who still act respectfully to their profession.

My assessment is that as we approach elections then we will see the attacks increase as well as the dirty part of their campaign will be intensified as well. I have no doubts have you?

Who can help in this regard?

Tundi-e-Bad-e-Mukhalif se na ghabra aye Oqab - Ye to chalti ha tujhay uncha urhanay ke leye

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Scandi, you must know we are game for anything. Tell us what you want us to do and we'll set to it. Do you mean something like the rejoinder provided to the corrupt drunkard Nazir Naji posted in Columns below? Whatever, if you get any ideas yourself, let us know. Otherwise let's see what response your appeal garners.

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Scandi, there's a real horror of an article against IK in today's Dawn:

http://dawn.com/2012/11/02/khan-taliban ... t-science/

What on earth are we supposed to do about it? Me it just leaves flabbergasted, at a loss for words. Your take on it?

P.S. the article is also a stupid one, though it does try and be clever.

Scandinavian User avatar
Senior Moderator

MG sb.

This is exactly the problem. PTI is a party run by part timers and cannot respond to every barking dog...sorry for my French.
That's why I want as many of you involved in writing articles/rebuttals. I am a member of a "PTI Cyberforce" with many young and energetic PTI supporters. They are doing a hell of a job without getting paid. A fire burn inside them to see Imran & Pakistan suceed. We need more writers to assist in this process. Who will help us? Pleas come forward and be a part of the movement.
Tundi-e-Bad-e-Mukhalif se na ghabra aye Oqab - Ye to chalti ha tujhay uncha urhanay ke leye

Shimatoree Senior Moderator

MG

First you should NOT have posted this link.

You have provided more "publicity"to an otherwise nonsense.
I consider it below my dignity to respond to any such "article"or whatever.
PTI or IK should do the best thing for such "RUBBISH".......IGNORE.

I am amazed that Dawn would publish stuff like that but then they are also scared about IK coming to power.
My advice is IGNORE. You do not around smelling SHIT and trying to UNDO the smell by pouring fragrances over it or planting RAAT KI RANI around it.
The treatment of shit is to remove it and the best way to remove it is bring IK to power................but writing answers or ccorrections is not the way.

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

OK, Shim, thanks and sorry. I do see your point that the more we give these people breathing space, the more we spread their message as well. On the other hand, Scandinavian's concern is also legitimate. At this stage in the game, we are all suffering from nerves. What if Imran fails to make the race? What can each of us contribute to further his victory? Fighting yellow journalism to the best of one's ability is a way of catching the eye and ear of the bourgeoisie. So the question arises: is it the bourgeoisie which is going to give IK the winning vote or the common man? The latter, I take it. But the former may not be neglected either, in case, just in case they too get cold feet and opt for more-of-the-same candidates. Well, silence is an option. But hitting back where one can, if it doesn't actually help, does not do much harm either, I'd think. Mainly it strengthens the faith of those already won over to the IK doctirne.

One promise then: whatever else we may or may not do, we'll not post any of the stuff on this blog henceforth. SEM has already done his mea culpa. My turn now.

And finally, Shim, how come you hold such a high opinion of a paper like Dawn? The only thing I read there as a rule is cricket news an/or analysis.

Mg

I do NOT hold Dawn in high esteem at all . It is a newspaper which is ownede by people whose main aim is to convert Pakistan into a Bad clone of India with the main emphasis on selling Bars, breasts and bottoms........and in addition it is acollection of westoxicated morons.

Mg

I have said before and let me repeat it again for those that might a touch of amnesia.

If the people of Pakistan do not chose IMRAN............then the HELL with them I hope they do go to HELL.

Having said that, let me re-state what my thoughts are.

Imran is going to wn if the people vote for him . I think they are going to do in spite of all the rubbish being put forth against him in the media.

I consider all this venom against him a positive sign........because it tells me that these guys are getting scared shit less that their game is over and thus the dirty tricks campaign...................about which I HAD warned against long time ago on this blog.
The more IK and PTI becomes the fait e accompli..the more you are going to see people in the media writing and spewing out theri rubbish.

Now what to do?

First and foremost please DO keep in mind that these people are writing this for the consumption by a minority which thinks like them ...trying to convince them that THEY are DOING something to stop IK..................they know they are beaten.

Second we should simply ignore them as I feel confident that IK and PTI know how to tackle these things-( I HOPE so anyway)-. In case they do not then they deserve to get beaten.

Third........I do not use religion as my excuse or a hidding place..........but let me just say this.............Imran is DESTINY for Pakistan..if Pakistan is to survive and it is in God's hands and I have faith .

As far as writing is concerned......we write here but our confessed readers are IK supporters.......of course a lot of "HIDDEN"readers are here too who belong to PPP and PML-N and the Mullahs.

My advice is to stop having loose stools every time a frog squeeks somewhere or a PIMP speaks loudly. We should show courage and confidence in what we think to be the truth and no amount of yelling and screaming by SOBs and those whose loyalties lie with the West and the enemies of Pakistan.

I for one am willing to write anything anywhere....pray tell me what to do and when to do it

Scandinavian User avatar
Senior Moderator

Shimatoree sb.

I understand your point. These b******* has been given a freedom to get away with this dishonesty. I agree with you that we should NOT use the links to give them "hits". The more hits the more they earn from their masters, but we need to respond to this rubbish. Otherwise they will run havoc with PTI. At least I'm not going to be a part of the team which counter their propaganda.

Scandinavian User avatar
Senior Moderator

Also remember that it's not only articles in many newspapers-it's also the television anchors. Whether we admit it or not...they are going to play a dirty role. They must be countered!

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

You expressed that very well, Shim. Thanks. And I'll echo you: PTI is going straight towards victory. But if something untoward does happen and it fails to reach its goal, then too bad for Pakistan.

And now Scandi, tell us more about your PTI Cyberforce. You have at least three volunteers here already. And I'm sure you'll get more such as Stingingnettle and aftab, etc. when they hear about it as well.

Some of the dross that is written about PTI is not worth any serious attention and it is best ignored. To respond to some of the idiotic stuff that is written about Imran or PTI will only serve to draw attention to worthless dross. PTI must never be afraid of criticism and must never take defensive positions but must always come across as a party that pays careful attention to genuine criticisms and responds in a constructive manner towards it. The old guard of Pakistani journalism are now waking up to a fast changing reality; we are living in a world which has no place for the lies they are trying to peddle. Pakistanis have had enough of words and promises; I have had enough of words and promises, the time has now come to act without bigotry, hypocrisy and delay. I will always support the vision and not personalities and to this end I am willing to do whatever is necessary to convince people to grasp their destiny will all their force and change it once and for ever.

The real work of PTI is on the ground and amongst real people. I have been talking to everyone in my extended family and I have won over many people to vote for PTI. The questions these people ask are important and must be answered properly; this is time well spent as compared to replying to some sold out journalist who is getting paid by lies per line that he or she writes.

I am happy to contribute in any way possible but we must be very protective of our time and must expend it for maximum return. In a country that has a very low literacy rate, the real battle for the hearts and minds will not be fought in the cyber space but in the villages, towns and cities of Pakistan.

The lies and venom that is spewed out by some of these so called 'journalists' is just a red herring and a distraction. Lets us stay focused on promoting the vision and not get bogged down by personalities. The message is far more important, do not worry about the messenger that gets shot.
@stingingnettle1
stingingnettle1@gmail.com

Mg

There is a very funny PRECEDENT for this sort of thing from the land of MAKE BELIEVE, deception and 3rd rate clones of the WEST.........if you have not guessed........it is upper echelons of the false pseudo democracy called India.

In Bihar, of Laloo Parsaad Yado , all the -( like DAWN) newspapers wrote scathing comments about Laloo when he was running to become chief minister.
Laloo, as is his habit( he does not know or speak English) laughed and said........well who reads these newspapers amongst our people......only those that know English, speak it and read it. I am not bothered about them voting for me> End of quote.
Moral of the story.........Laloo won in a landslide.

If we agree that the youth is with Imran, If we agree that most people in Pakistan hate the West( 80 %) If we agree that the Non- youth population has a small minority that is screaming bloody murder about IK.........then what are we having cramps about. In the last 5 weeks, I have directly gone and spoken with army men both soldiers and officers, shopkeepers, street hawkers and people in villages............one thing I have heard again and again. The current lot is worthless and needs to be rid of and the only HONEST one is IMRAN.
Granted this one man's poll....but as the " SMELL" in wind it is VALID.

Now there could be that all these people are lying right through their teeth when talking with a man with white hair and a white beard..( Taliban Image)........but the look in their eyes and the passion in their voice tells me a different story.

Of course, now that the election is near and the CREEPS and Diesels are starting to send their agents to the people.....they are hearing the song and that is causing the Fat bellied and Fat bottomed to become nervous and thus all this stuff in the Media.

Why does the PTI not come up with something creative to propagate the feelings of the people. If I was them.........I would hire a video grapher with an HD video camera.........go around talking with the street people objectively and have the video delivered to the TV people who are STINGY when it comes to spending money and LAZY and do not like doing ground work.
PTI should have a position video paper------( " People's views " )

I had offered to help PTI with my SUPERGENIUS Ideas..........but no takers could be found!

Why do I support PTI and Imran?

Simple..................and once again I will borrow a quote from someone else

" Do what is right because it is right. "

(Chiune Sugihara)

Yes.........because it is the right thing to do and the ONLY right thing to do in current situation in Pakistan.

End of story.

We have always known that this political struggle was not going to be pretty or clean primarily because of the entrenched and embedded forces of status quo which are never going to give up their hereditary entitlement (to suck the life blood of Pakistanis) without a fight. The attacks on Imran and PTI are going to even dirtier and more personal because that is the way politics has worked in Pakistan for many decades and this is what we are trying to change.

Imran’s success in his professional life is unquestionable and this is all that matters. Zardari, Nawaz and Diesel are now soiling their underpants worrying about how to sell their failures and incompetence to a nation that is truly sick of all this. I believe Imran is the beginning and the end of the road for Pakistan and it Pakistan does not wake up vote for change; I will be convinced that Pakistanis just do not have the intelligence or the will to save the future of their children. This will be the last unforgiveable mistake we will make as a nation. Imran and PTI will not perform miracles overnight because it will take many years, as many as 15 to change the way we live our lives.

What remains critical is that we do not get involved in mudslinging or responding to personal attacks on Imran because that will not help the cause of PTI. It is important to remain focussed on real issues and real failure of the last many decades. It is important that we keep reminding people that our suffering is a direct result of the successive failures of the corrupt, nepotistic and utterly incompetent bunch of ‘tankers’ (spelt with a ‘w’) who have ruled Pakistan like their personal fiefdom.
@stingingnettle1
stingingnettle1@gmail.com

Scandinavian User avatar
Senior Moderator

I agree with SN that one major way to change the course is to interact with family and friends who are eligible to vote. The best way is of course to convince them with logic, BUT my last tour to Pakistan did show that many people still rely on rumours and still aren't able to analyse different scenarios. I had no problem convincing a vast majority, but how many can I reach out to? AND how many are ready to put in the required effort? Let's ask as many as possible to do the same as we are doing.

It's also right that one cannot do much if people will not understand and want to commit suicide, but then at least I will be able to have a clean conscious. I will be able to believe that at least I did what was in my power. I did speak up against injustice lies, deceptions etc.

I say don't give a damn about those who make propaganda against PTI, but do write in your own way to reach out to people. There are a hell of lot of people who are still undecided - not undecided about whom to vote for, but undecided whether to vote at all and vote for a change=PTI....the people who usually sit at home on election days. Do interact with these people through articles, personal engagement etc.

Imran is sixty and Pakistan on the brink....need I say more? Let's put all our efforts in what ever capacity we can. Whether we are successful or not is up to the Almighty.

Where can articles be posted?

You can try in the well known media houses, but they are quite difficult to reach out to....mostly sell outs.

Saach.tv is a very fair site, but has no printed paper
siasat.pk is another site willing to post, but still no paper version.

Please add if yo know other sites.

The electronic media is a powerful tool and the culprits are already in full swing to defame PTI. One example of manipulation:

Participants in this prg:

Umar Cheema a well known journalist on the pay roll of PML-N
Hamid Mir: Is well known for his double games
Kh. Asif: The lone person representing a political party....how fair can this prg. be?
Absar Alam: The host...also a well known Nora paid anchor.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuvqim ... bandar_fun

PTI Cyber Force mainly consist of die hard and young PTI supporters in their 20's and 30's. They are hard working and are under no circumstance people who are going to give up....hard core believers in PTI's vision and Imran's leadership qualities. Many of them are active on FB and especially Twitter to counter propaganda against PTI and more importantly to promote PTI's message. They do it in their own by tweeting their messages and have a certain topic trending. That give an opportunity to spread awareness and to have trends mentioned in different online papers. Some of them are also good writers and do write rebuttals and their own articles. The main stream media is not willing to give them sapce, and they rely mostly on saach.tv, siasat.pk and their own blogging sites.

Scandinavian User avatar
Senior Moderator

I fully agree with SN (last msg).....now please use your writing skills on a topic chosen by you :)

Maybe all of you should consider getting active on Twitter. Many anchors, journalists and politicians are active too. Some of them are propagandists etc., but you will be able to see what might be their next move and counter it by writing your own articles.

http://www.twitter.com

Dildar1

I already have a twitter account, have been termed as PTI TROLL, have been blocked by Shahbaz Sharif and family, Nusrat Javed, Kamran Shafi, Dr Shahid Masud, Marvi Sarmad, Bina Sarwar, just for asking simple questions :).
I'm tweeting as LeezaKhan.

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Dildar, what a super record you've accumulated there! Wonder what those simple questions of yours might have been to annoy so many people at the same time. Anyway, not to let it get you down. Just carry on the good work. It's people like you and Scandi who'll get us past the winning post, just as the grassroots organisation of the Democrat party is credited with having gained Obama his victory this morning.

Next

Return to EXCLUSIVE - PTI