Board index ThePakPolitics ThinkTank - Political Analysis The Press and the Media

The Press and the Media

This is an academic discussion forum presenting information and analysis concerning current Pakistani and International political affairs.
Original thoughts expressed are most welcome. Please support us to maintain a healthy brainstorming atmosphere on this forum.
Thanks

Unread post Sat May 24, 2014 11:49 am
Shim,
It’s an interesting interview, thanks for sharing it. Indeed, we live and witness the most amazing times in History, where all the separating boundaries have disappeared like a mirage. It’s not easy to determine who is right and who is wrong without confronting the confusions and haziness. I don’t believe anymore in the sanctity of the law and the courts, when these are held hostages in the unworthy hands. I don’t advocate any longer in freedom of speech, as this sacred right is prostituted every single moment of the day by cunning and powerful of our societies. Honestly, the entire world has gone bazooka and there is no hope left of its getting back on track again, without first melting completely. Media, is one of the Demigods of our decadent times, we need someone to smash this idol to pieces. Are you ready to accept the challenge?

Unread post Sat May 24, 2014 4:13 pm
Shimatoree Senior Moderator

Res

During the PKP days I often coined and used the term……………Self Proclaimed Pompous Prostitutes of the Press( and TV media)-……for which I was castigated by some for using the word "prostitutes"

Needless to say, " they " have proven the term more than accurate since then. The news media does not have one sliver of ethics in them………..neither the owners and certainly NOT the so-called journalists……..and we should not forget those advertisers who place FILTH in front of the populace all the time and finance this charade.
Freedom……………a strange word it is. Free EST country in the world……….India where everyone has the right to Shit and PEE anywhere they like and whenever they like……………Pakistan is close behind in that regards!

I am actually very happy that GEO did what it did followed by the en mass attempt by the employees of GEO to defend their actions. That has not only sunk THEM but also made all other TV channels be seen in the reality of the same. I hope this continues on and on so that the common man stops believing everything they see on the BOOB TOOB.

On this I belong to the pessimistic gang………..this thing AIN'T getting better!

Return to ThePakPolitics ThinkTank - Political Analysis