Board index ThePakPolitics ThinkTank - Political Analysis The Holy Cow 4

The Holy Cow 4

This is an academic discussion forum presenting information and analysis concerning current Pakistani and International political affairs.
Original thoughts expressed are most welcome. Please support us to maintain a healthy brainstorming atmosphere on this forum.
Thanks
Unread post Sun May 04, 2014 2:59 pm
Some people are more equal than others!(Goerge.Orwell)

Before we discuss the other important articles of the constitution of Pakistan, it’s necessary to remind us that the purpose of this writing is not to discuss each and every article written in the constitution. It would certainly become a very lengthy manuscript if we were to do so. I would henceforth deliberately confine me to the most vital issues alone. The article 25 is about Equality and guarantees it in the eyes of the law. A protection of (by) law is given to all. There will be no discrimination on he basis of sex and the state is encouraged to give special protection to women and children.
Let’s look at our society and see if these golden words are being followed in the real life. Do we find this promised equality anywhere? Is the protection given to all? Does the law, enforce equality between the sexes and takes away the discrimination? What kinds of laws are made to protect the women and children? Who is naïve enough to believe in these lies, probably none. Pakistan was, is and will remain so for a long time to come, a society where inequalities and injustices will go on plaguing the land of purity, where the economic, social, ethnic, linguistic and other differences will keep the bays existing between different individuals and groups of the society. Our society is deeply rooted in injustice on all possible levels, so the mere words would never change anything. The law in Pakistan is not only blind, but is even deaf, dumb and devoid of heart. About the lawmakers, the custodians of law, and the law enforcing agencies, we would be discussing later on.
When it comes to discrimination, it’s so widespread that none has the power to take it away from the society except through the agency of education and conscious attempts to eradicate it in a methodical manner. When it comes to discrimination between sexes, the situation is even worse,where the women are victims of physical and mental abuse, are treated like animals and are even enslaved and trafficked around like a herd. When it comes to protecting this suppressed portion of the population, the state is either completely helpless or stands by the side of the oppressors. The state of Pakistan has done its job by writing three lines in the constitution about the equality and protection. What more can we demand from it? The best way is to visit the aggrieved families, hand over a few hundred thousand as a compensation for the suffering, have a photo session and go back to normal life. So what if acid is still available in the open market ad people use it to throw it on some women? What it matters if baby girls are thrown in the river to get released from a certain miserable life? The equality is very much in the society and can be seen in each home and family, where the physical violence is plaguing the lives of millions and yet he law sees nothing. One can read about forced abductions of the children for the purpose of slavery and other wicked purposes.
The equality and protection given to the citizens of Pakistan in the constitution are nothing but the empty words and therefore lack any kind of significance. The disparities and chaos are the realities we can’t simply ignore. The state is not only incompetent, but also goes short of means and will to bring about the needed changes in the society. Most of the population still abides by traditions and lifestyles alien to the modern living. The law of the jungle persists in its lowest and loathsome ways and the equality between rich and poor, strong and weak and among the sexes remain absent from our lives. The state has completely failed to protect its citizens from the dangers looming around in their lives and parity is just a far fetched dream, we still yearn for.
25 A speaks about the right right to education, which bounds the state to provide free basic education to children of age between 5 to 16. It’s needless to even ask the question if this obligation is taken care of by the state. Millions of our children don’t go to school and are forced to seek employments in ruthless industries, take some slave like work in private homes or become vagabonds and thus add to the criminality. Pakistan with a large young population, misses the opportunity of using this otherwise great human resource. No one ever speaks about the qualitative education and there exists a distinct demarcation between many education systems in the country, which offer a variety of future prospects to their students, where the worst option is the state owned schools and the system adopted by it. The most interesting part is that even those few of the youth who do seek education, just a tiny portion can expect to find employment of any kind once they are ready to enter into practical lives. No one speaks about these young people for whom a bleak future awaits, regardless of if they became educated or stayed illiterate like their fathers and forefathers. It is obvious that the elite of this country is aware of the problem but believes at a mere promise to attend the problem is enough. Conti……

Unread post Sun May 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Shimatoree Senior Moderator

Res

In 1963-( which seems light years away)- during the summer I was in Kohistan's Indus River Valley working with the engineers of the army which was building the Karakorum Highway from scratch.
One day I asked one of the locals as to what they thought of Pakistan.
The old man said that there WAS NO Pakistan……….because the British were still here.
I asked what did he mean.
He smiled.
And then said that the British had just changed their WHITE color and that they looked like us but they were still here and still the rulers .
At the time, I dismissed that comment as BUNKUM but slowly….very slowly it HAS dawned on me that the old man was right.

Now in this discussion on the 1973 constitution and the need for change…………let me just make one small comment as to the LOGISTICS involved in ANY changed that might be thought of.

Who is going to do the Change ?……………….of course the Lawyers…..So do not expect any change.

Are we going write everything NEW ?…………then how are you going to deal with the issue of PRECEDENCE which is the Real HOLY COW of the Legal system as we know it.
The entire penal code was put in place by the British…………and the 1973 document is NO MORE than RE-Hash covered with psudo euphemisms of the " Islamic Kind".
If you knew ZAB…………even though a lot of people CLAIM him to be very smart and intelligent……………deep down he was a COPY CAT in everything he did and tried to do………..even the " revolutionary" dress he wore. Oh yes he was intelligent in a way but an Original thinker he certainly was not.
And I hate to say this…………Imran is no intellectual Giant either though he is NOT a copy cat. He is what he is…………..honest and courageous………..thats all.
He lacks the skills to surround himself with people of INITIATIVE and Imagination and his own organizational and administrative skills are sufficient for a group of eleven cricketers.

So back to the constitution…………and pray how are you going to tackle the self appointed " GUS BATHIAS" of religion….meaning the Mullahs.
If you could not keep them out in 1954-55 when they came up with their resolution of Intent and thrust it into the 1956 model of the constitution…..how will you keep them out now. And NOW they have a considerable force both in the streets and in terms of the military kind which they did not have in 1956.

To make a very long story short…………Pakistan needs a stern dictator of the Real kind for the next 20 years……………Oh not of the BOGUS kind like Zia and Musharraf………….No the Real Deal………….perhaps something on the modal of Kamal Attaturk.

The re-vamping of the constitution is going to be a Gargantuan task and I doubt if it is possible to achieve.
The best you can hope for is to do incremental cancer surgery……………but then how do you fix the problem…………for example of the Judiciary………….even there we ended up with a pseudo-CJ who turned out to be Bogus as well.

Maybe……………..give the authorities to the HIJRAS who will castrate everyone else…………and then maybe we can solve the problems……..Ha …Ha

Unread post Sun May 04, 2014 6:29 pm
Shim,
Thanks for your comment. It would be unfair not to admire your to the point and yet so very realistic response. I am not exaggerating when I say that it is one of your best write. I enjoyed each and every word of it.
I’m not seeking any change in the constitution or demanding a re-write. All I do is to expose the lie, which has been sold to poor people of Pakistan. I can easily take one article after the other and show that it’s nothing but a pseudo work, copied from earlier works or from other similar documents, existing in other parts of the world. What amazes me most is the fact that the criminals of our country are shameless and ruthless at the same time. After reading the constitution, my head bents with ignominy, realising how this stupid nation allows itself to be seduced by these below average intelligence but felon leaders. ZAB is a cult, a pseudo hero, an Idol and much effort is required to change it back to the reality, but then who cares about an ordinary dead, round stone if some fools consider it precious?
Now coming to the question of dictators. All my life I have hated Ayub, Yahya, Hasni, Zia and his kind but now I am at lost. Perhaps the right dictator is all that what we need to get somewhere, but the question remains what would we do if we keep getting the worst of democracy and the worst of the dictators?
The former CJP, was the worst kind of beings and many of us have been wise enough to recognize the true nature of that scum, but to what avail? I’m sure the history will remember this one eyed devil as a filthy man. If it was in my power I would try him for his crimes and hang him along with other big criminals of the country.
Your last option seems more reasonable but don’t you agree that these greedy Hijras are already holding the power. These are the folks who are mentally castrated and therefore can’t produce anything of real value. These avaricious bandits should find the ends they deserve best and I hope that they are preserved properly in order to make them lessons to be remembered for coming generations.

Unread post Sun May 04, 2014 11:19 pm
Shimatoree Senior Moderator

Res

I just like the word GAR GANTUAN…………I guess but the very magnitude of the task is big….and when you consider those whose job it is to FIX the problem are IDIOTS.

Pakistan DOES have a lot of very talented people capable of doing great jobs……….but those same people either lack courage or do not have the opportunity…………..and cannot have an OPPORTUNITY.

We need to change THAT……….and if we do not do that…………then we are SUNK.

The constitution either that of 1973 or 1956 or any other is not going to FIX anything.

Imran is in the same place as George Washington was in the USA in 1776………….Napoleon was in 1795 in France.
Can we expect Imran to rise to the occasion ? He is late in coming so far.

The spanner in the equation is Tahir Ul Qadri…………….where he goes only God knows.

Return to ThePakPolitics ThinkTank - Political Analysis