[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • Society's Total De-Sensitization : CURRENT EVENTS
Board index PAKISTAN AND POLITICS CURRENT EVENTS Society's Total De-Sensitization

Society's Total De-Sensitization

Unread post Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:23 pm
Shimatoree Senior Moderator

A news Item today formed part of the Sehri this morning.

The Express Tribune reported a Murder in broad day light at a university campus in Rawalpindi.
That by itself in Pakistan has come to mean not much in the scheme of things as they are.

But the reaction and the choice of words both by the students and by the reporter just about shook me.

Quote " Students of Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University (AAU) have expressed serious concern over the lack of adequate security arrangements on campus after a man allegedly walked onto campus and shot a female student dead without any hindrance. "

Please note ………….the Expression of SERIOUS CONCERN over the lack of security arrangements.

So the great future generation here showing CONCERN for the security………….but to the fact that one human being was Deprived of her otherwise LIMITED existence…………..Oh that is no problem!.

And let us not forget the fact that the reporter……………supposedly an educated person places emphasis on the CONCERN ………………..but MURDER………..well that will be tackled later.

Quote…….." according to Muhammad Hayat, the investigation officer for the case.
Ismail claimed that they had contracted a court marriage some four years ago as Naveed’s parents opposed the marriage. "

So a murder is committed and justified by what can be best described as a Deranged individual driven to his action by his HORMONES…………….all in the name of cultural reasons, GHAIRAT or honor or some such MUMBO JUMBO.
The investigation officer claimed that the accused had already confessed.

And According to the police, the alleged killer was quoted by an investigation officer as saying, “I stayed near her, waiting for her to die, because I wanted to take her body to her parents’ house.”.

Now since the killer has admitted………….well where is the GUILLOTINE ?

Oh no we cannot have such an INHUMAN machine in our civilized nation built on the religion of Peace.
We have to give due process…….so that the lawyers can make some money and the judges draw their salaries ……and of course the newspapers write their stories………….so that the people have something to read.

The deceased was laid to rest near Afshan Colony, Qasim Market. A large number of students and relatives attended her funeral prayer.

Oh yes PRAYERS…………now that she is dead.

Prayers to bring her back to Life ?…………….No, No….prayers are for her so that she might have a good after life and go to heaven.
Will there be such killers in Heaven or are they going to HELL for sure ………... and will the security arrangements be better there.

We as a society have come to accept murder………….just as an INCIDENT.

So why should we be concerned and try to do what is needed.

We make Great BOMBASTIC and POMPOUS statements that the murder of one human being is the murder of Humanity…………………..but in reality………………there IS a MIRROR to Look Into and see our UGLY face.

A young girl of 20 plus is dead………what was she thinking when the killer shot her in the head…..was she thinking of someday getting married…….was she thinking of having a daughter……or was she also thinking of having only sons as daughters are PRA YA DHAN and a burden.
Were her last thoughts of her parents who supposedly had blocked the killer from OWNING her ?

Will we ever rise above the CRO-MAGNON mindset of owning FEMALES just like cattle and camels and goats.
Will the mothers and sisters ever stop wanting only sons though they themselves are women?

Will the LEADERS……….Oh Yes those that LEAD…………..where to I do not know.

Will TUQ come and SHED one LOUSY TEAR?

Will Imran Khan have a news conference ?

No…………. this is a Crime………and if they were to start doing that they would not be solving the BIGGER problems that the country faces.

The murder of HUMANITY took place in a CRUEL and INHUMANE society……..so what the HELL am I bitching about.

Tomorrow…………..there will be another day.

And yet we are supposed toe Feel the agony of the IDPs of NWaziristan.

NO….we lack the HUMANITY…………..we are just CRO-Magnons.-( Insult to Cro-Magnons)-

Unread post Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:59 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Shim, another story which seems to have shattered your usual equilibrium. And yet violence is part of the daily existence in Pakistan. If we look at today's paper, we get this:

- Pishtakhara. The 3 policemen were killed simply because they had divested themselves of their Kelvar jackets and weapons to partake of Ifthar at their ease,

- People are fighting in Bannu over food and money distribution.

- Just to remind us who's really the Boss here, a drone attack in N:W. killed eleven.

- And to go a bit beyond our own borders, another 10 dead in Gaza airstrikes.

Violence has become endemic to us and the world.

So much as we regret the death of this innocent girl and demand condign punishment for her killer (which we know we're probably not going to get), can we transform this into the symbol of what is really ailing Pakistan?

Your harsh comments on how religion has been perverted to serve as an excuse for any and every dasterdly act we humans can devise can only be backed up by any thinking Person.

Which brings me to the Cro Magnon. Are we the so-called homo sapiens sapiens in any way more advanced than our so-called ancestors? I often don't see it myself. Our thinking processes are strangely limited and our propensity to shed blood is probably greater than anything the earlier versions of humankind knew.

But if man has progressed at all (questionable), it has always been through the struggle between his baser instincts and his desire to reach a higher level of his consciousness. Sometimes he wins and sometimes he loses. What happened at the Ariculture University was yet another example of our losing our battle against widespread evil.

Unread post Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:25 am

Mg

I am afraid that I must take issue with the logic about the rampant violence having anything to do with violence at a personal level.
As a matter of fact, the very notion that ……….Yeh sub to saree dunya main ho rah a hai………..is something that has been used by many in the past to De-Sensitize people to the occurrence of violence.

Am I trying to minimize what the USA and it's allies did to Afghanistan or to Iraaq or what the rest of the world is doing to whatever or who so ever.

My contention is and has always been to force PERSONALIZATION of each and every violent act………only then can the society be forced to tackle this epidemic……….in Pakistan at least.

My purpose in putting forth this story was simple……….I wanted to personalize it and force everyone tho feel the pain of the episode.

But will they ?……….I doubt it very much.

So you Win………………and the calculated Pre-planned murder of one girl becomes just one incident….like so many others.
Humanity Ends……………just like the Cows and the Pigs do not know or feel about the future of THEIR offspring…going to the slaughterhouse………….now with the great pseudo-progress of human beings………………we do not care either…………since there are so many incidents….yes they are mere incidents of murder, rape etc etc………….there are no HUMAN beings left…..they are just creatures having PRACTICAL considerations………….realistic approaches……….rationalizations etc etc.

Unread post Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:05 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Sorry, Shim, for not living up to your expectations. And true enough, we have become desensitized. The tears I might still shed over Gaza are no longer there for this one poor girl killed by a rejected lover. And even for Gaza we seem to have turned to stone. Not even rational human beings any longer or Cro Magnon or whatever. More as though we were terra cotta creatures with the power of movement and speech.

I fear you might not be successful in your campaign to make us feel responsible for any and every act of violence taking place on Pakistani soil. Ideally speaking, you are absolutely right. Practically though, in as violent a society as our own, we turn aside our faces and prefer to pass on to other things.

Morally, yours is the better stance. It has nobility in it. Practically speaking, the indifference implied in the point of view I defended rules the day.

You say: I win. Alas, no. I don't want to win. I do not favour the rational overcoming the emotional. I cannot chide you for comparing us to animals. Though we may well have gone beyond that stage as well. How we return to our essential humanity which lies somewhere in wait to trip us up when we least expect it, I don't know. For the moment, you must simply be patient with us. And we must not lose hope that we might through some miracle regain our empathy for each and every form of suffering we Encounter and thereby assume responsibility for it.

Unread post Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Mg

The wanton calculated murder of a young girl TO TEACH a LESSON to the parents is a unique happening even in this mad world of Pakistan where killing HAS assumed a sort of " NORMAL" in the scheme of things.

I have one question that I have had for sometime………….why did not lightening strike the killer ?

I wonder where all this mode of behavior is coming from……..?

Oh I get it.

No one is teaching ethics…………or practicing it so that MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO>

And we bitch and complain about PML-N and the Shareef brothers…..who by the way go to Saudi Arabia, do UMRA and spend 10 days in AITAKAAF-( with their stolen money).

Perhaps someday…………..lightening will strike them while they are doing the Tawaaf…………..and then their kids will use THAT to get more political milage.

Unread post Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:57 pm

MG

On your pet topic…….Population

There was an article in Dawn about a man named Gulzar Khan from N. Waziristan.

People are having SEX-( with In Marriage of course )- to produce children……so that the number of Muslims continues to increase……..to overcome the KUFFAAR…………..of course the KUffaar are doing the same too.
But what is missing is the care and compassion that is essential in NURTURING and raising these kids.
OH yes………all these kids are being taught to pray 5 times day and fast during Ramadan but that is where it ends. Even THAT is left to the HIRED Molanas…….where the normal needs of the children are left to the AYAS or servants.
So the PRO GENITORS have very conveniently absolved themselves of any responsibility whatsoever.

Gulzar Khan , an IDP from North Waziristan has 28 plus children from 3 wives. And at the age of 66 he is planning to get a 4th wife…………all in the name of religious EDICTS.
Does Gulzar Khan know that pregnancy is a life threatening event in the life of a woman in an area where doctors are rare and male doctors are not welcome.
Does Gulzar Khan THINK……about the risks HE is SUBJECTING to the unknown , un named wives of his.
Does he know how many women in Pakistan die during childbirth.

Oh………….he has no control over life and death………….it is God who decides as to who lives and who dies.

Does Gulzar Khan know about the slight matter of increased population and resources………..Oh…No God will provide the food and other resources.

Does Gulzar Khan know about the poor and destitute…those that have no food………….oh NO……God will provide and besides he gives Zakat , Usher and sacrifices the animals once a year and distributes the meat to the poor.

Gulzar Khan prays 5 times day and does all his duties as a Muslim , has a beard, goes to Umra and has been to Haj.

The photograph showed a whole bunch of HIS young kids with him……..most of the kids were too young to understand what Over Population is.

So does Gulzar Khan think about the problems associated with OBSTETRICAL complications……oh no the DAEES are supposed to know about those.

Does Gulzar Khan know what is in store for his kids………….no God is the only one who knows the future.

But he does say……" Khudai ba kahir kayee "

Which brings to mind a few difficult questions.

Does God know about all the poor and destitute in the great Islamic welfare republic of Pakistan ?
I am sure he does.
Does he also know about the Waderas and their tremendous riches.
I am sure he does.
So why are the poor still poor ?

Are they being punished for something they did ?

Return to CURRENT EVENTS