[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • Hamid Mir's bold statements against USA : TV TALK SHOWS
Board index TV TALK SHOWS Hamid Mir's bold statements against USA

Hamid Mir's bold statements against USA

Forum rules

Kindly respect fellow bloggers and treat them as you would yourself like to be treated. We intend to maintain a friendly environment and keep it that way.
Avoid posting messages that flame, threaten, harass or insult others.
We also reserve the right to remove offensive posts.
Abusive behavior will not be tolerated and for this your account may be suspended.

admin
Unread post Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:55 pm
Scandinavian User avatar
Senior Moderator

Tundi-e-Bad-e-Mukhalif se na ghabra aye Oqab - Ye to chalti ha tujhay uncha urhanay ke leye

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Scandi, Good video and quite true, Hamid Mir spoke forcefully enough. I know elsewhere you have counted him among the more trustworthy of our TV anchors. But, learning from Nota, I have not been able to respect the man because he it was who claimed, the only journalist to have done so, that Osama bin Laden was behind 9/11. Now I know that is simply rubbish. But HM's article was cited by the west as proof enough to justify their cowardly attack on Afghanistan.

So now let me come down to the essence of this story- Afghanistan was attacked for no reason at all, meaning it had no hand in any kind of terror activity in the World Trade Centre. What I should have wanted from Pakistan myself was not neutrality but joining the Afghan side. But that of course must be dismissed as simply daydreaming. So everything that has happened to us since has been richly deserved. But if we the crooked Pakistanis deserve what we get. the people in the Tribal Areas have had no hand in our stupid games and plans. Their deaths are as much to be deplored as the ones taking place in Afghanistan itself. So Imran Khan is right to be planning his peace march to Waziristan. We shall back him upto the hilt wherever we are.

Scandinavian User avatar
Senior Moderator

MG sb.

In fact I have been quite suspicious about HM's behavior. Mostly he is all right, but in between he makes his dirty moves. At least he has done it in the past. The OBL issue and when Sh. Rasheed was about to contest elections he made a prg. which was ONLY critical about Sh. Rasheed and not the N-League opponent. I'm no big fan of Sh. Rasheed, but what HM did was VERY unfair and it had the dirty smell of paid work by N-League.
Tundi-e-Bad-e-Mukhalif se na ghabra aye Oqab - Ye to chalti ha tujhay uncha urhanay ke leye

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Scandi, well that makes two of us harbouring serious doubts as to what to believe and what not to believe when Hamid Mir speaks. To my way of thinking, in spite of appearances, Mubashar Lukman is more worthy of trust than HM and I'm glad IK agreed to be the first guest to be interviewed on his new programme. I also liked the fact that ML confessed he'd voted for MLNQ in the last election.

But my main focus in what you said concerns Sheikh Rashid. Why don't you like the man? I remember Shimatoree once calling him a mafia don, and he may well be that. But his honesty is also not to be doubted and he does have a very special way of looking at things. After all, long before anyone else, he had already predicted Y.R Gillani's downfall.

Scandinavian User avatar
Senior Moderator

MG sb.

To predict the downfall of a person like YRG is not a big deal. YRG is INCOMPETENT.

In fact I have only faith in a very few journalists. Most of them are average and even corrupt. Some of them are out right despicable like

- Sana Bucha
- Saleem Safi
- Najam Sethi
- Arshad Sharif

And other "journalists" hired by PMLN (Qasmi and Irfan Siddiqui) and PPP has several under they umbrella too. We also have those who write for anybody as long as they are paid like f.e.x. Nazir Naji.

I don't mind if journalists write in favour of a party because of ideological issues, but I do mind if they are paid to do it.

Sh. Rasheed: I don't have high expectations from him, but I don't think he is as bad as the politicians ruling Pakistan now. We should also note that most politicians can say a good sentences when they are out of power. What counts is what they do when they have an opportunity :o

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

There's one woman I specially dislike, Scandi, and that's Meher Bukhari. And sure, all the names above are also of people we can't but end up despising. In fact, it's grown so bad for me, I hardly ever listen to the talks shows any longer, except if it's Sheikh Rashid or Imran speaking. And if there are several guests on a programme, then too I refuse to go on.

I had one favourite among the lot, God knows why, and he's let us down twice running. I mean Dr Shahid Masood, of course. With all his failings, it still made sense to me to listen to him. Anyway, today it's not the media which will play the decisive role in events. That will come from a wholly different quarter, namely the Supreme Court. Let us see what they have to offer us as the month draws to a close.

Scandinavian User avatar
Senior Moderator

True, this Mehar Bukhari is far below standard and so is her husband. It's not that he is corrupt, but most of his programs are shouting matches and not to educate the masses about the different view points/policies. I only see Kashif's program when he invites Khan sb. :o

One person I would like to become an anchor is Junaid Saleem from Azizi's program. I think he is a sharp mind/analyst and a good speaker too. Above all he is fair. I'd like to see him with his own program, but maybe there is no room for such people :( The media houses are acting like a Mafia these days and they must be dealt with one way or the other. We can't allow the below standard anchors to act like holy cows. They think they can ask all kind of weird and deja-vue questions and never to be taken to task. They have a habit of hiding behind the "troll" allegation instead of explaining and correcting themselves.

Return to TV TALK SHOWS