[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • A Good News from Pakistan:Agha Waqar runs a car on Water : SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Board index SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY A Good News from Pakistan:Agha Waqar runs a car on Water

A Good News from Pakistan:Agha Waqar runs a car on Water

Lets discuss this branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science.

Forum rules

Kindly respect fellow bloggers and treat them as you would yourself like to be treated. We intend to maintain a friendly environment and keep it that way.
Avoid posting messages that flame, threaten, harass or insult others.
We also reserve the right to remove offensive posts.
Abusive behavior will not be tolerated and for this your account may be suspended.

admin
Many recent attempts have been made to use water as a fuel to run a an automobile engine.And Agha Waqar achieved this successfully.We have our eyes on him,Lets pray and hope for the best,not just for our country but also for the whole world.Otherwise the pollution caused by burning natural oil will ultimately destroy our ecosystem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz61oe-q3Jg
Be Light for Others
&
They will be light for you,maybe sometime.

Abdul Rafay

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

It does sound most exciting that we might be able to use water to power our cars, etc. instead of the usual petrol we've been lapping up like mad so far. If Agha Waqar is given the green light by the authorities, a new age in fuel consumption looms ahead of us, one from which both humans and, as you mention, the ecosystem would greatly benefit. We shall certainly be following up this story very carefully as we go along, Holly Flame.

You must excuse me if I express my scepticism about this story. If I have understood this correctly, Mr Waqar is claiming to have found a way of breaking water into its constituent elements, Hydrogen and OH and then 'burning' the hydrogen in the presence of Oxygen to run his engine. This reaction will result in water instead of noxious smoke etc.. There is nothing new about fuelling engines with Hydrogen, that idea has been around for a long time, the break-through that Mr Waqar is claiming is that he is able to break water into Hydrogen and OH cheaply; here lies the big problem. Some of the finest minds with the best resources have not been able to achieve this in a cost effective way ie it is too expensive to break up water molecules so if Mr Waqar has achieved this then this is the biggest story since the refining of crude oil into fuels.

I will put my money on the fact that Mr Waqar is taking us for a ride but I will be happy to eat humble pie (and my shorts too) if I am proved wrong. There are many ways to break up a water molecule but the problem has always been the cost and I have very doubtful that Mr Waqar has found a way to do this cheaply.
If what he claims is true, the story is so big that the world would have to stop and take note. I do not see that happening, I wonder why?
@stingingnettle1
stingingnettle1@gmail.com

LifeH2O User avatar
Most Senior Member

I saw a similar on news on Express Newspaper 22 July 2012 (Islamabad Edition) on this page (second lowest news) http://express.com.pk/epaper/index.aspx ... o=8&View=1
It is made by Sardar Sajid in Azad Kashmir

Link:
Greed, the root of all curse, root of all evil.

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Rh2V0sI7E#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... FD3Qefsco#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... H0ISVfDgY#!

(N.B. The all-important protection-security aspect in the case of Agha Waqar is also touched upon briefly on the last video.)
Last edited by admin on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Newtube code

LifeH2O User avatar
Most Senior Member

Dr Atta Ur Rahman got angry and said it total nonsense. Agha Waqar defended him

Now that I have seen more details about this, I have now formed a qualified opinion; it is a hoax. Dr Saman Mubarak has the got the Physics right; sadly deceit is alive and kicking in Pakistan. I shall not be eating any humble pie on this occasion.

The most disappointing thing about this hoax is that it totally lacks sophistication so now I am not even sure if this so called engineer is actually an engineer. Someone should check his qualifications.

When something is too good to be true, it probably is; this is good principle to hold on to.
@stingingnettle1

LifeH2O User avatar
Most Senior Member

SN You can not say it hoax after listening Dr. Atta Ur Rahman. He became emotional and was not much reasonable in discussion. He is not violating the law of conservation anyway, just like a fuel does not violate any law.

A simple explanation could be that it is just like a CNG kit. That kit burns already combustible gas, while this one might be doing electrolysis very cheap to get the car running and charging the battery continuously.

A friend from NESCOM told that many people from NUST, LUMS and NESCOM went to see this and tested it. It will only be cleared if passed by the challenge as he said in front of Talat Hussain.

Capital Talk 31 July - Agha Waqar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO4bZqcGTyw

H2O, I did not base my opinion on Dr Atta Ur Rehman because I have yet to look at the clip you refer to. My opinion is based around a few facts;

The electrolysis this method deploys (also known as hydrolysis when the we are spliting H2O (no pun intended)) to split H2O into H+ and OH-. Then H is burnt in the presence of oxygen to produce water again. The method fails on the first hurdle when the process of hydrolysis needs a battery to promote the non-spontaneous reaction of splitting H2O. The energy that an H atom is able to produce when it is burnt in the presence of oxygen is far less than what was spent in charging the battery to produce the split in the an H2O molecule. We are talking about just over 50% energy efficiency can be achieved ie half of the energy that went into charging the battery as output when we conduct hydrolysis and then burning of Hydrogen to power an engine. This should answer your following assertion.

"..this one might be doing electrolysis very cheap to get the car running and charging the battery continuously. "

The battery cannot depend on the energy from electrolysis to charge the battery and run the engine because then you will definite violate the the law of conservation of energy. So that is a no go.

To put simply we are spending more money on charging the battery than we are getting out of this engine.

I know there is no violation of any laws of physics because the process we are talking about can easy be understood by a secondary school student of Physics. I realise that the law of conservation of energy is not being violated but I am questioning the energy efficiency claim being made by Mr Waqar.

I am afraid, we are looking at heartbreak on this one. I am happy to wait for the verdict from NUST, LUMS and NESCOM to see who is right. For now, I think Mr Waqar is a shameless charlatan - though I will apologise and revise my opinion if he is proved right.
@stingingnettle1

LifeH2O User avatar
Most Senior Member

It is getting funny now, or serious perhaps. Another engineer from Karachi has now claimed the same.

The process is so ridiculously simple that you do not even have to be an engineer to do it. The only thing you need is free electricity to charge your battery with then you certainly can run your car cheaply on water. Now you know why we have such electrical shortages in Pakistan; too many people using 'kunda' to charge their hydrogen powered cars! Yes, I know, this is a rather crude joke.

We need to give up our national obsession with miracles and black magic. Unless we make the right choices and work like hell, we are not about to live an easy life powered by Hydrogen.
@stingingnettle1

LifeH2O User avatar
Most Senior Member

semirza User avatar

I am posting this link thats loaded with information regarding use of water as fuel in internal combustion engines, especially for LifeH2O:
http://knol.go-here.nl/water-fueled-car.html

What worries me the most is a stark contrast between the two;

1. In an internal combustion engine pressurized fuel vapour and air explodes resulting in a large volume of exhaust gases that cranks engine shaft into a powerful angular displacement measured in horse power.

2. In the same, compressed hydrogen and oxygen is ignited resulting into a sort of implosion (because of less volum of water produced creating a sort of vacuum). The question is, which way engine shaft will turn or will it turn at all?

semirza User avatar

This is reported in media as of today, about a controversial character Agha Waqar who claims to runs an internal combustion engine on pure water.....

Afzal Nadeem Dogar
Tuesday, September 04, 2012

KARACHI: Agha Waqar Ahmad Pathan, the controversial claimant of running the car with water as fuel, had been arrested in cases of bank robbery and for possessing illegal arms in Karachi.

Perhaps he had been drawing salary for years as an employee of Sindh Police without performing his duties while attempting to run the car with water.

According to Criminal Record Office (CRO) of Karachi Police, Agha Waqar Ahmad Pathan S/o Agha Wahid Bux has been registered as Criminal No 7724. He was caught red-handed while committing an alleged robbery on August 25, 2010 in the limits of New Town Police Station along with Hafeez Ahmad S/o Muhammad Ramzan. According to police, arms were also recovered from the possession of the two accused.

An FIR was also registered against both under the Robbery Act 392/34 at the New Town Police Station. A case under section 396/10 was also registered against him for keeping illegal arms while under same act FIR No 397/10 was registered against his accomplice Hafeez Ahmad. Both the accused were arrested in the same case.

Details of the cases against the accused are appended in the CRO.Agha Waqar, the resident of Dabar locality in the limits of A Section Police Station of Khairpur had mentioned his profession as “Private” in the police investigation. However during investigation, it was revealed that the accused was a stenographer in the Sukkur Range Police.

Later, on July 3, 2008, he got himself transferred to Karachi Range and joined duties on July 15, 2008 as stenographer. However, most of the time, he remained absent from his duties. Later, he was transferred to the Investigation Wing.

On May 9, 2009, using his contacts Agha Waqar got himself transferred to Anti-Car Lifting Cell and got posted at the Chief Minister House on deputation. However, his salary was stopped as he did not furnish joining report which is still being awaited.

On the contrary, he was transferred as PA to IG Establishment Sindh on Feb 12, 2011. It is interesting that no police officer is aware of his being in the department. When contacted, AIG Dr Amin Yousufzai expressed his surprise that Agha Waqar Ahmad Pathan was an employee of the police department. He was also not aware that Agha Waqar was his PA.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-1 ... Agha-Waqar

Alas! the man finally proved to be a fake.
Be Light for Others
&
They will be light for you,maybe sometime.

Abdul Rafay

LifeH2O User avatar
Most Senior Member

The news is strange. He should have been hiding for that instead of coming on media. Or he might be trying to copy politicians.

LifeH2O;

"The news is strange. He should have been hiding for that instead of coming on media."

Well the answer is simple;

"Greed, the root of all curse" AND stupidity.

Well I stand vindicated and I not have to carry out my promise; "I will put my money on the fact that Mr Waqar is taking us for a ride but I will be happy to eat humble pie (and my shorts too) if I am proved wrong."

He was taking us for a ride after all eh! (yes, pun is intended)
@stingingnettle1

semirza User avatar

Kamila Hyat
Thursday, August 09, 2012

The writer is a freelance columnist
and former newspaper editor

Children believe in fairy tales, in the miracles contained in storybooks and in a world of make-belief where anything is possible.

As we grow up, this realm of fantasy is usually left behind – along with the teddy bears, the dolls in frilly frocks or the toy cars of infancy.

However, in our country it seems, some people at least never grow up. Perhaps because the reality around us is so dismal, the future so bleak, that they prefer to latch onto whatever tall tales they hear-abandoning all logic and basic common sense in doing so.

What is terrifying is that ministers, leading scientists, etc., too appear to be willing to shift into such a realm-by doing so, perhaps, acknowledging they have no actual plans, no skills, no abilities to solve the immense problems our nation faces. This willingness to believe in fraudulent miracles only detracts us from finding real solutions.

The latest example we have of this is the extraordinary “water kit” which a middle-aged mechanical engineer from Khairpur in Sindh claims can be used to convert water into fuel which would be able to run cars and motorbikes and other vehicles.

It should be noted that similar claims of “water-driven” cars have been made before – most recently in Japan in 2008. Like others before it, the claim proved fraudulent. The “kit” from Khairpur – if it worked-would revolutionize our energy-starved country.

The engineer, Agha Waqar Ahmed – who is being promoted by a scientifically illiterate media, including top talk-show hosts, still more ignorant ministers and, astonishingly, ill-informed scientists – says he can split the oxygen and hydrogen molecules in water and then use hydrogen to create energy.

An elaborate display was put on of this “invention” at the Sports Complex in Islamabad, where Ahmed connected a water hose to a car and said it was being powered by this medium.

Minister for religious affairs Syed Khursheed Ahmed Shah, who has been promoting the engineer coming from the same part of Sindh as himself, gleefully drove the vehicle on the occasion.

Meanwhile, a host of other senior officials, including Federal Minister for Science and Technology Mir Changez Khan Jamali, Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Qamar Zaman Kaira, Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly Faisal Karim Kundi and advisor to the prime minister on petroleum Dr Asim Husssain, looked on.

Since then, Engineer Ahmed is being hailed as a national hero: “patriotism,” in the warped sense that we know it, has overtaken all sense.

The “inventor” demanding support for his project has had long meetings with top officials. The president has hailed his work, experiments are to be conducted at the National University of Science and Technology and the prime minister has set up a committee comprising Khursheed Shah, Mir Changez Jamali and Dr Asim Husssain to facilitate matters.

What is still more shocking is how, driven on by TV show hosts, scientists seem to have reached a state of ecstasy over the “discovery”: “top patriot” Dr A Q Khan and Dr Samar Mubarak Mand have backed the claim.
The situation is reminiscent of the time when scientists during the Zia era suggested harvesting energy from “jinns.” Politics, and now the rapidly swirling media merry-go-round, send rational thinking spinning far away.

This failure by men who should know better and speak the truth can only push us further back towards ignorance and a belief in fantasy.

Certainly, the good engineer from Khairpur-who has most recently delayed his collaboration with NUST, for reasons he declines to explain-deserves credit for exposing how little we know, and how little we are willing to face.

Under Confucius’ model we would fall into the undesirable category of those who “know not,” and “know not that they know not.”

This leaves open no room to learn, to think or to utilize mental capacities granted to most humans.
It is true that some men of greater integrity, more scientific knowledge and true logic have spoken out. Dr Atta-ur-Rehman, the former chairmen of the Higher Education Commission, has stated on television that the whole “water kit” business is a scientific fraud.

He has faced being shouted down by compeers, but bravely refused to give in. Eminent physicist Dr Pervaiz Hoodbhoy has still more strongly stated that the whole thesis around which Engineer Ahmed’s theory is built defies the most basic rules of physics and is scientifically impossible.

He has said that if the possibility of using water to create energy could be proved, it would amount to one of the biggest breakthroughs in science seen during our lifetimes.

So, should Engineer Agha Waqar Ahmed be preparing for a Nobel Prize? Or should we be prepared to be disappointed once more?

This is often what happens when children discover their favorite fantasies, such as those involving tooth fairies or Father Christmas, are simply not true.

So far we have refused to move into the world of reality. The warnings from Dr Atta-ur-Rehman and Dr Hoodbhoy have largely been sidelined. We need to consider why this is so.

Even school-level physics students should be able to question the rationale behind the curious water theory. Yet here we have ministers, top scientists, leading media anchors and others hailing the Khairpur engineer as a hero.

It seems there is so little in our lives that hold out real promise that we cling onto straws. This is a particularly feeble straw.

What we need to focus on is finding genuine solutions to our problems, discouraging fraud and building a media capable of playing a more balanced role in such matters. We have at the moment something of a farce.

The news regarding water and energy has been taken up by the international press and largely ridiculed. This does nothing to bring credit to us as a nation or show us to be intelligent people capable of seeing through publicity stunts, stunts apparently staged to fool people and perhaps gain in monetary terms.

There is much we can work on. This includes the potential of solar energy, and much more. It is in such endeavors that the government should be placing its effort and its money rather than going along with a notion that simply is too good to be true-and therefore almost certain to be entirely false.

Building false hopes and then dashing them is not a wise thing to do. It only creates greater despondency in an already depressed nation.

Email: kamilahyat@hotmail.com
http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-9 ... -fairyland

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Sci-Tech Engineers make petrol from air and water
By Reuters

October 20, 2012

LONDON: A small British company has developed a way to create petrol from air and water, technology it hopes may one day contribute to large-scale production of green fuels.

Engineers at Air Fuel Synthesis (AFS.L) in Teeside, northern England, say they have produced 5 litres of synthetic petrol over a period of three months.

The technique involves extracting carbon dioxide from air and hydrogen from water, and combining them in a reactor with a catalyst to make methanol. The methanol is then converted into petrol.

By using renewable energy to power the process, it is possible to create carbon-neutral fuel that can be used in an identical way to standard petrol, scientists behind the technology say.

"It's actually cleaner because it's synthetic," Peter Harrison, chief executive officer of AFS, said in an interview.

"You just make what you need to make in terms of the contents of it, so it doesn't contain what might be seen as pollutants, like sulphur," he said.

The work is part of a two-year project that has so far cost around 1 million pounds.

The green petrol will not appear on forecourts any time soon, though.

"We can't make (the petrol) at pump prices, but we will do eventually," Harrison said. "All we need is renewable energy to make it, and so when oil becomes a problem we will be able to make a contribution to keep cars moving or to keep aeroplanes moving."

AFS said it was confident the technology could be scaled up to refinery size in the future. Each of the processes that go into making the fuel already take place separately on an industrial scale.

For now, however, AFS plans to build a commercial plant in the next two years that will produce around 1,200 litres a day of specialist fuels for the motorsports sector, Harrison said.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-72219 ... -and-water

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Agha Waqar dropped out of the news as suddenly as he entered it. And now you'll see people oohing and aahing over this short report because it comes out of the land of the pure and the honest, Great Britain. I tell you we are all mental slaves and need a swift lobotomy to settle our brains. If the Brits can do it, why not Agha Waqar? I suggest we give him a second chance.

Return to SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY